Building Rules & Regulations
Gemini Center Admittance Policies
Must be 10 years of age to enter building without an adult.
Children 7 and under must have direct adult supervision.
All youths under the age of 13 must exit the building at 8:00 pm, unless accompanied by a parent/guardian or are in a registered program.
Must be 15 years of age to utilize the Fitness Center.
Ages 12 to 14 may use the Fitness Center with restrictions only after taking the Teen Fitness Assessment
Proper and valid membership card and/or valid identification is required to gain access to the center.
All guests are required to be signed in and accompanied by a member of the recreation center.
All visitors must sign in and out at the reception desk and present picture identification.
Gemini Center Key Rules
Tier 1 Offenses: Foul language, inappropriate behavior, continuous horseplay, breaking building policies & gym rules
Tier 2 Offenses: Physical Contact, Verbal Harassment, Theft, Vandalism, Disrespecting Gemini Center Staff
Step 1: Immediate ejection from the facility (Tier 1 offense)
Step 2: 1 Week suspension (Tier 1 offense)
Step 3: 2 Week suspension (Tier 1 offense)
Step 4: 1 Month suspension (Tier 2 offense)
Step 5: 6 Month suspension (Tier 2 offense)
Step 6: 1 Year suspension (Tier 2 offense)
Step 7: Membership Revoked / Lifetime Ban (Tier 2 offense)
**Severity of incident will be taken into consideration when deciding which Step to enforce**
**Multiple rules violations will deem higher step enforcement**
**All Incident reports will be reviewed by Gemini Center Management and patrons will be contacted within 48 hours regarding the disciplinary action being taken**
- Animals: Are not allowed in the building with the exception of those assisting individuals with disabilities.
- Bicycles, roller blades, and skate boards: Are not allowed in the building. Bicycles are not to be locked, chained, or attached in any way to the building structure or handrails. In such circumstances, grounds will be notified and bicycles will be removed.
- Fighting: The recreation center has zero tolerance for violence or intimidation of any sort. Any physical abuse of any person or conduct which threatens or endangers the health and safety of any member or staff of the Gemini Center will result in immediate removal and disciplinary actions.
- Food and Drink: Will only be allowed in the concession / vending area. All other areas are for exercise and recreational activity. For organized team events water and sports drinks will be allowed on the bench area ONLY. All bottles must be removed by teams immediately following their game.
- Alcohol & Tobacco: Is not allowed in the facility in an open or closed container. Possession of alcohol will result in the individual/s being asked to leave the building. Recreation Director and the Fairview Park police will be notified if the person/s refused to remove themselves and the alcohol.
- Promotions and Displays: Gemini Center management must clear all posters, flyers, signs etc. Displays may only be posted on approved bulletin boards. They may not be attached to the building walls (interior and exterior), doors, windows, rails or any other painted surface. The recreation center retains the right to limit the number, location, and duration of posting.
- Theft: Theft should be reported immediately to the center staff at the front counter who will file an incident report with the Building Supervisor. Patrons are responsible for any recreation center equipment they may have checked out from the front desk. In the event of theft or loss of equipment, the ID card of the responsible party will be held until the items are located or replaced.
- Personal Property: The center assumes no responsibility for personal items. All patrons are encouraged to secure their own possessions.
- Vandalism: The center interprets vandalism as the willful or malicious destruction or defacement of Gemini Center property. The center has zero tolerance to any damage caused by vandalism. The manager and the center advisory board will determine disciplinary action taken due to violating the center
- Discipline will be given for any violation noted above along with any posted or recognized facility rule or membership guideline that is violated